Optimization of processing technology of Rhizoma Pinelliae Praeparatum and its anti-tumor effect
Background: Rhizoma Pinelliae is the dried tuber of Pinellia ternata (Thunb.) Breit. Modern pharmacological studies have shown that Rhizoma Pinelliae has antitussive, antiemetic, glandular secretion inhibiting and antitumor effects.
Objectives: To optimize the processing technology of Rhizoma Pinelliae Praeparatum, and to study its anti-tumor effect.
Methods: Orthogonal design method was applied to analyze the effects of factors such as licorice concentration volume, soaking time and processing temperature on processing technology of Rhizoma Pinelliae Praeparatum; MTT assay and flow cytometry were used to determine the inhibitory effect of Rhizoma Pinelliae Praeparatum on Bel-7402 cells.
Results: During the processing of Rhizoma Pinelliae Praeparatum, the size of influence of licorice concentration volume, soaking time and processing temperature on processing results of Rhizoma Pinelliae was: B>C>A in descending order, i.e. soaking time>processing temperature>licorice concentration volume, different concentrations of Rhizoma Pinelliae Praeparatum ethanol extracts could all exert inhibitory effect on the growth and proliferation of Bel-7402 cells, and with the increase of drug concentration and the extension of culture time, the cell proliferation inhibitory effect of Rhizoma Pinelliae Praeparatum ethanol extract became more and more evident. Apoptotic rate of 1.5 mg/ml Rhizoma Pinelliae Praeparatum ethanol extract group reached 13.53%, the difference was extremely significant compared with the control group. In conclusion the factor most influential to the processing technology of Rhizoma Pinelliae Praeparatum was soaking time, followed by processing temperature, the factor least influential was licorice concentration volume.
Conclusion: Rhizoma Pinelliae Praeparatum has inhibitory effect on growth and proliferation of Bel-7402 cells.
Keywords: Rhizoma Pinelliae Praeparatum, orthogonal experiment, Bel-7402 cells
While African Health Sciences has been freely accessible online there have been questions on whether it is Open Access or not. We wish to clearly state that indeed African Health Sciences is Open Access. There are key issues regarding Open Access needing clarification for avoidance of doubt:
- 1. Henceforth, papers in African Health Sciences will be published under the CC BY (Creative Commons Attribution License) 4.0 International. See details on https://creativecomons.org/)
- 2. The copyright owners or the authors grant the 3rd party (perpetually and in advance) the right to disseminate, reproduce, or use the research papers in part or in full, format/medium as long as:
- No substantive errors are introduced in the process
- Attribution of authorship and correct citation details are given
- The referencing details are not changed.
Should the papers be reproduced in part, this must be clearly stated.
- 3. The papers will be freely and universally accessible online in an easily readable format such as XML in at least one widely recognized open access repository such as PUBMED CENTRAL.
B. ABRIDGED LICENCE AGREEMENT BETWEEN AUTHORS AND African Health Sciences
I submitted my manuscript to African Health Sciences and would like to affirm that:
1.0 I am authorized by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
2.0 I guarantee, on behalf of self and co-authors:
- That the paper is original, and has not been published in any other peer-reviewed journal; nor is it under consideration by other journal (s). It does not infringe existing copyright or any other person’s rights
- That we are/I am the sole author(s) of the paper and with authority to enter into this agreement. My granting rights to African Health Sciences is not in breach of any other obligation
- That the paper contains nothing unlawful, or libelous. Nor anything that would constitute a breach of contract, confidence or commitment given to secrecy, if published
- That I/we have taken care to ensure the integrity of the article.