Sharp foreign body ingestion by a young girl
A 16 year old patient had ingested two sewing needles about 4.5 cm long accidentally that eventually resided in extra intestinal tract position, and being asymptomatic, she ignored the problem for a long period about 2 years. She only consulted the hospital after having symptoms. The needles were located by Xray imaging and retrieved with the aid of C-arm fluoroscope at a laparotomy. Her postoperative period was uneventful.
Keywords: Foreign body, Ingestion, Needle