GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING ARTICLES
Journal of Agriculture and social Research (JASR) is abstracted on the Africa Journal Online (AJOL) web site and can be accessed at http:// www.ajol.info/journals/jasr Journal of Agriculture and Social Research (JASR), a biannual journal, is an official publication of Agricultural Volunteers of Nigeria (AgVON).
The journal considers articles from the
following areas: Agriculture, Home Economics/Food science forestry, wildlife and fisheries, environment and waste management, economics, urban and Regional planning, sociology and other relevant social and applied sciences.
Submission of articles
- Two hard copies of original articles not yet published elsewhere should be sent and must be accompanied with a 3.5” diskette containing the article labeled appropriately in Microsoft Word Version. Electronic versions are also accepted.
Manuscripts sent should be typed on one side of A4 paper, double spaced and written in
The entire article should not exceed 12 pages (including tables and figures). As mush as
possible tables and figure should be reduced to the barest minimum.
- Manuscripts should be organized as follows: Title, author(s) names and affiliationaddress, abstract (max. 150 words), introduction (including problem statement and objectives/hypotheses of study), methodology, results and discussion, conclusion, recommendations (as applicable), and references. The following References style should be applied: e.g.
Ahmed, B.J. (2002) Research approaches in Agriculture. Owerri: Confident Publishers. (for Textbooks).
Oputa, C.O. and Ikioye, D.K. (2003) Characteristics of Agricultural Extension methods.
Journal of Agriculture and social research, 3 (1&2), 5-13. (for Journals).
References within text should carry surname, followed by year of publication and not surname(s) and initials.
- All articles sent must be accompanied with an assessment fee of N1, 000 ($10) in cash/transfer or bank draft only to either the Editor-in-Chief or the Managing Editor.
- Articles accepted become the copyright of JASR. Authors however, will be held responsible in case copyrights of others are violated.
- The contributor shall pay a publication fee when a paper is accepted for publication in the journal.
All correspondence to:
Dr. O.I. Oladele (Editor-in-Chief, JASR)
Botswana College of Agriculture, University of Botswana,
Department of Agricultural Economics, Education and Extension,
P/Bag 0027, Gaborone, BOTSWANA
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. O.M. Adesope (Managing Editor, JASR)
Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
University of PortHarcourt, PMB 5323,