CHALUFAKITA Journal was started and registered on 18/01/2018. This is an International Journal which publishes its articles once a year. The Journal can be accessed online and a hard copy is also available. The main objective of CHALUFAKITA Journal is to develop and sustain Kiswahili language and the Swahili culture. The Journal provides an avenue to scholars to undertake research and publish diverse papers that will contribute to knowledge in various disciplines. Therefore, we invite scholars to contribute scholarly papers in the areas of Linguistics, Literature and Culture, from all parts of the world.
Authors should take into consideration the following conditions:
(1) If a manuscript has two or more authors, one of them should be a corresponding author
(2) When your manuscript has been accepted for publication, you are required to declare by writing a letter to CHALUFAKITA Journal that the manuscript has not, and will not be submitted to another journal.
(3) The submitted manuscript will preliminarily be assessed if it has followed basic articulated format and other non-content matters. If it succeeds in this stage, it will be subjected into blind peer-review. The maximum of six months since the submission deadline articulated in a call for the issue will be used to process your manuscript; this includes reviewing time and the time for the author to address reviewers’ comments. You may be asked to address comments as many times a possible depending on the way you respond to them. This is done for good so as to attain credible papers.
(4) The journal has no publication fees.
(5) If your manuscript will be accepted for publication, there is an agreement document that will be signed by both parties (CHALUFAKITA Journal and the Author) prior the publication of the paper.
(6) Kiswahili is the primary language of the Journal while English is the secondary language. For that matter, an author who writes in English will be required to produce an abstract, title, and key words in both English and Kiswahili
(7) The paper should be in Microsoft Word, on A4 paper with 1.5 spacing and in Times New Roman font size 12;
(8) The first page should have the following information: title/topic, name of the author/authors, phone number, e-mail address, and the affiliated institution (s) (where applicable). Thereafter, an abstract that is comprehensible, precise and giving a clear summary of the paper. The abstract length should not exceed 250 words and should not be less than 100 words.
(9) The manuscript should be contain between 3000-7500 words.
(10) References to be in APA format, Sixth Edition.
- If the paper will not adhere to the above guidelines, it will not be accepted.
- Before submitting the paper, the author should edit his/her paper to ensure it has no major typographical errors to the best of his/her knowledge. A paper that will exhibit many typographical errors will not be considered.
- Authors are advised to endeavour sharpening their writing skills due to increased challenges of writing academic papers. They are further advised to read the writer’s guides, Mwongozo kwa Waandishi wa Kiswahili Sanifu by Baraza la Kiswahili la Taifa (2013) and The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation by Straus & Kaufman (2014).
For information on call for papers and the channels of submission, please contact the Administrators of the Journal and the Association through the postal address indicated below:
P.O. BOX 4215,
DODOMA – TANZANIA
[The views and observations conveyed in this journal are from the authors, they are not necessarily to accord with those of CHALUFAKITA Journal Editorial Committee and Advisory Board]
 Kiswahili acronym which means Kiswahili Language and Literature Association in Tanzania
 Print Journal registration number is ISSN 2591:7013 and online Journal registration number is E-ISSN 2665-0789
The copyright belongs to the journal, Chama cha Lugha na Fasihi ya Kiswahili Tanzania (CHALUFAKITA).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
print ISSN: 2665-0789