All articles sent must conform with the following guidelines:
1. Two hard copies or original articles not yet published or submitted elsewhere should be sent and must be accompanied with a 3.5’’ diskette containing the article labeled appropriately in Microsoft word version. DO NOT NUMBER THE PAGES.
2. Manuscripts sent should be typed (word processed) on one side of A4 paper, double spaced and written in English. Electronic versions may also be accepted.
3. The entire article should not exceed 12 pages (including tables and figures). As much as possible tables and figures should be reduced to the barest minimum, otherwise the Editors reserve the right to reduce the paper at their own discretion.
4. Manuscripts should be organized as follows: Title, author(s) names and affiliation address, abstract (max 150 words), introduction (including problem statement and objectives of study), methodology, results and discussion, conclusion, recommendations (as applicable), and references.
References should be the current American Psychological Association (APA) Editorial style, e.g:
Abu, J. M. (2001) Research and its implication in development studies. Owerri: Confidence Publishers (for Textbooks)
Okeke, O. Y. and Olufemi, D. G. (2003) Organising rural women for social work. Journal of Agriculture and Social Research Research, 3 (1), 4-13 (For Journals)
References within text should carry surname followed by year of publication and not surname(s) and initials.
5. Position papers should follow this format: Title, Abstract, Introduction/objectives of the paper, Theoretical concepts, Conclusion/suggestions (if any), References.
6. All articles sent must be accompanied with an assessment fee of N500 (five hundred naira) in cash or bank draft to either the Editor-in-Chief or the Managing Editor.
7. Articles accepted become the copyright of JOTEN. Authors however, will be held responsible in case copyrights of others are violated.
8. A Publication fee shall be paid for a paper when it is accepted for publication n the journal and will be communicated to the author.
All Correspondence to
A. C. Agumagu, PhD (Editor-in-Chief)
Institute of Agricultural Research and Development
PMB 5323, University of PortHarcourt
Choba, Rivers State
O. M. Adesope, PhD (Managing Editor)
Department of Agricultural Extension,
Federal University of Technology, PMB 1526, Owerri
Copyright for articles published in this journal is retained by the journal.
AJOL is a Non Profit Organisation that cannot function without donations.
AJOL and the millions of African and international researchers who rely on our free services are deeply grateful for your contribution.
AJOL is annually audited and was also independently assessed in 2019 by E&Y.
Your donation is guaranteed to directly contribute to Africans sharing their research output with a global readership.
Once off donations here:
For annual AJOL Supporter contributions, please view our Supporters page.