Libyan journal of medicine (ljm) follows the practice of blind Review" for submitted manuscripts. This process involves sending the manuscript to external reviewers (specialists in the subject, identified through theirs publications in the pubmed). Once the reviewer accepts to act as reviewer for the manuscript, he or she will receive the manuscript after removing authors’ and the institution names and address). The reviewers have to look over the paper to determine whether it is of good quality to be considered for publication.
The reviewer has also to consider the following during the reviewing the manuscripts:
1. Originality (references has to be provided that the work is not original)
4. Easy to understand
5. Appropriate methodology, statistical analysis, good study design
In practice the submitted manuscripts follow these steps during review process:
1. The manuscript is received by the editorial office from the writer with a letter of request for publication and permission from all authors
2. The manuscript is then referred to at least 3 reviewers.
3. Review process is blind. The authors names taken away by the editor’s office before sending forward the manuscript to reviewers
4. The associate editor checks reviewers’ comments and writes to authors about decision and refers the manuscript back to the editorial office with decision for against publication.
Four issues per year
print ISSN: 1993-2820