Tanzania Journal of Sociology is a yearly publication that seeks to address sociological issues from a multi-disciplinary perspective. It aims to generate scholarly reflections in the field of sociology anthropology and other related fields of social sciences.
The Journal encourages manuscripts informed by up-to-date empirical data focusing on local and global concerns. Our goal is to create a platform for scholars, practitioners and policy makers, from Tanzania and the international research community, to explore the critical yet creative aspects of scholarly discussion and knowledge sharing.
The journal publishes articles, book reviews, conference papers, critical comments, research reports, and other genres of academic writing. The journal is published in June every year.
Articles should be sent to email@example.com together with a brief profile of the author(s). Deadline for submission 1st March of every year. Two-off prints will be provided free of charge for each article published.
All contributions are subjected to two blind reviewers. The process of submission begins with initial interest to submit, send to the Chief Editor via journal’s email- firstname.lastname@example.org. The interest of the author is replied with notes for contribution. The author is then expected to submit a complete manuscript. The manuscript is then discussed by the editorial board and sent out to two blind reviewers. The reviewers are provided with evaluations forms and evaluation guide. The reviewers are expected to complete the review process within six weeks and return the signed evaluation forms. The author is then provided with the comments and is thus expected to make the relevant changes. The revised version is then received from the author electronically, for further processing.
Statement of Malpractice
TJS expects the authors to observe publication ethics, refraining from any form of plagiarism or abuse of confidentiality. Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce any material in which they do not own copyright, to be used in both print and electronic media, and for ensuring that the appropriate acknowledgements are included in their manuscript. Submission of manuscript to the Tanzania Journal of Sociology indicates the authors’ willingness to publish in the journal.
Copyright: when an article is published, the author vests control of all copyright to the publisher. The author is allowed to publish her/his views also in other context. The author may, for instance, use part of the article elsewhere, provided that she/he makes acknowledgement to the Tanzania Journal of Sociology
1. Articles submitted for publication in the journal should be accompanied by abstract of 100-200 words
2. The length of the manuscript should not exceed 5000 words.
3. The manuscript should be typed, double-spaced on standard A4. It should leave wide margins of at least one inch on all four sides. The author should use New Times Roman fonts, size 12. Subtitles should begin from the margin and bolded.
4. Mathematical expression must be exactly placed and clearly marked. Figures and margins should be drawn precisely and boldly to permit photographic reproduction
5. Article should be corrected and fit for printing. Author will have to pay for any correction costs.
6. The recommended style for bibliography and in-text citation is APA style
The Department of Sociology and Anthropology, University of Dar es Salaam.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
print ISSN: 1821-9632