Depending on the type of article and subject covered, manuscripts should include the following:
1. A Title page containing:
- Title: The title should be informative, educative, and relatively precise.
- Name(s) of author(s): The name(s) of author(s) should be presented as: Last name (Surname) and initial(s) for first and middle name(s) if applicable.
- Author(s) address (affiliations /workplace): Authors’ affiliations/workplace should be indicated in this section.
- Corresponding author: The name, e-mail and postal address of the corresponding author should be indicated for the purpose of correspondence.
- This should be a brief summary of the paper. It should not be more than 200 words; summarizing the objective(s) of study, methodology, result(s) and conclusion(s)/ recommendation(s).
- A list of 4 to 6 keywords. It is recommended that the author(s) should avoid repeating the title.
- This should set the stage for the content of the paper. It should also indicate clearly the background/ subject of paper, scope of the subject, and the aim/objective(s) of study.
5. Materials and Methods
- Each section may be written under subtitles. For human studies, ethical permission/informed consent are required. Study area, population, sample size/collection method and study duration must be clearly stated.
- For animal studies, relevant ethical permission is also required. The source of chemicals, drugs, food and route of administration (PO, IV, IP, ICV) should be given clearly. In addition, the basis of dosage calculation, sex, strain and weight of animals (e.g. Male Wistar rats; 150 -200g) and housing and feeding conditions should be briefly described. Techniques which have been previously described should be mentioned concisely with proper references. Newly introduced techniques/modification of standard procedures must be described in detail to make the study reproducible. Computational methods employed for data analysis should be given sufficient detail to enable readers reproduce the computation.
- The result should be reported in simple and complete sentences. Abbreviations and acronyms should be used appropriately.
- Tables might be used to accomplish concise presentation of results. Where the result cannot be given satisfactorily in words, concise table should be employed. The number (Arabic numerals) and legends should be at the top of the table and should be in the text at appropriate place (not at the end or as separate attachment). Units should be placed next to variables in parentheses.
- Figures should be clear, easy to read and of good quality. It should be in the text at appropriate place (not at the end or as separate attachment). The number and title should be below the figure and Styles and fontsize should match those in the main body of the article. Units should be placed next to variables in parentheses.
- *Where table(s) and figure(s) do not belong to author(s), appropriate citation(s) should be included.
- The discussion section should clearly discuss the result with facts supporting or not supporting author(s) findings. Repetition of results in the section should be avoided. Sentences should be simple and complete.
8. Conclusion / Recommendation
- This should be the summary of the important findings. Suggestions (recommendations) may be presented with reference to the findings of the study.
- The acknowledgments of people, grants, funds etc should be briefly stated. It should be at the end of the paper, not in a footnote.
- The references should be cited in the text by author’s name and date. [e.g.: Where the author is single: Nwaopara (2011) or (Nwaopara, 2011). Where there are two authors (Nwaopara and Akpamu, 2011) or more than two authors: (Nwaopara et al., 2011)].
- The list of references containing full details of authors surname and initials should be in an alphabetical order (the Harvard style/APA).
11. Author(s) contributions
- Author(s) contributions should be briefly stated in this section.
12. Submission formats
Manuscripts should be submitted in MS Word. Submission of a manuscript is based on guarantee that the paper is not under review elsewhere, has not been previously published and once accepted for publication, the articles shall be categorised CC-BY licensed.
Also, as part of our correspondences towards article publication, the CC-BY license categorization on all articles accepted for publication by Anthonio Research Publications, shall be so reiterated.
- Electronic submission of manuscripts is strongly encouraged, provided that the text, tables, and figures are included in a single Microsoft Word file (preferably in Times New Roman or Arial font).
13. Review process
- All manuscripts will be peer reviewed to ensure accuracy and relevance after being reviewed by the editor and members of the editorial board. Decisions will be made as rapidly as possible.
We will look forward to the submission of your next manuscripts
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
International Journal of Basic, Applied and Innovative Research (IJBAIR) is an Open Access Journal under Creative Commons Licensing regulations. Thus, all articles published in IJBAIR are categorised as CC-BY licensed. Inquiries above should be sent to the publisher at the address given as follows: Anthonio Research Publications, Anthonio Research Center, Anthonio Services Nigeria, P. O. Box. 960, Ekpoma, Edo State, Nigeria. OR E-mail: email@example.com
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
print ISSN: 2315-5388