ZEDE is a scientific journal on engineering science and application, produced under the auspices of the Addis Ababa Institute of Technology, Addis Ababa University. The main objective of the journal is to publish research articles, findings and discussions on engineering sciences, technology and architecture thereby assisting in the dissemination of engineering knowledge and methodologies in solving engineering problems. Technical Notes of significant contribution may be considered for publication.
Notes to contributors can be found online here: http://www.aait.edu.et/index.php?id=186
Or alternatively, see below:
Original papers for publication in the journal should be submitted in triplicate to the Editor-in-Chief, P.O. Box 385, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. All articles submitted for publication in the journal should comply with the following requirements:
- Title of Paper: The title of the paper should be phrased to include only key words and must have a length of not exceeding 80 characters including spaces.
- Format of Manuscript: The manuscript should be double-spaced in A-4 sized paper typed in a word processor compatible with MS Word. Margins of 25 mm should be used on all sides of the paper.
- Length of Article: The length of the article should not exceed word equivalent of 6000 words, or 20 pages, double spaced using font size 12 typed in Times New Roman.
- Author’s Affiliation: The author’s full name, institutional affiliation and rank, if applicable, must appear on the paper.
- Abstract: All articles submitted must include an abstract of length not exceeding 200 words in italics.
- Keywords: All articles submitted must include Keywords not exceeding 6 in number.
- Style of Writing: It is recommended that third person pronoun/s be used when referring to author/s.
- Illustrations: Figures should be drawn in black, at a size with a 50% reduction to fit in 160 mm width of journal. Photographs should be submitted as glossy prints. Explanations and descriptions must be placed in the text and not within figures. All figures must include numbered captions. See example:
Figure 1 Typical creep strain versus time curve
9. Tables: Tables must be numbered in the same order as cited in the text. Explanations of tables must appear in the text.
10. Equations: Equations numbers should be right-justified. See example: u(x,y)=-yθ(x)
11.References: References in the body of the Article should be cited at the end of the paper by placing a reference number in square brackets and should be arranged sequentially as they appear in the text. Ethiopian names may be given in direct order, i.e. given name followed by father’s name. All main words in titles (papers, books, reports) should be initialized by capital letters. Items in citations should be separated by commas. Page numbers should be included whenever applicable
- References to Journal Articles and Proceedings
Spillers, W.R. and Lefeochilos, E., “Geometric Optimization Using Simple Code Representation”, Journal of the Structural Division, ASCE, vol. 106, no. ST5, 1980, pp. 959-971.
2. References to Books and Reports
Korsch, H.L. and Jodl, H. –J., “Chaos: A Program Collection for the PC”, Springer-Verlag, 1994.
12. Units: SI units must be used.
13. Conclusions: A set of conclusions must be included at the end of the paper.
14. Submission of Paper: Any paper submitted for publication in ZEDE must not have been published previously, or submitted for publication elsewhere; and if accepted for publication by ZEDE, the author/s shall transfer the copy right to ZEDE.
Privacy StatementThe names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
print ISSN: 0514-6216