Placenta percreta is a rare pathological entity with challenging diagnostic and therapeutic requirements especially for resource limited settings. We present here the case of a 40 year old woman with a per operative diagnosis of placenta accreta during a caesarian section indicated for placenta praevia. We highlight the diagnostic and therapeutic difficulties associated with this condition especially in low resource settings. Physicians performing caesarian sections should be prepared for complex intra-operative findings in high risk patients.
Brief summary of the agreement
Anyone is free:
· to copy, distribute, and display the work;
· to make derivative works;
· to make commercial use of the work;
Under the following conditions: Attribution
· the original author must be given credit;
· for any reuse or distribution, it must be made clear to others what the license terms of this work are;
· any of these conditions can be waived if the authors gives permission.
Statutory fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above