urinary tract infection, Trichosporon asahii, amphotericin B
Trichosporonasahii is a basidiomycete yeast responsible for white piedra and onychomycosis in the immunocompetent host. In the immunocompromised patients, invasive infections are reported; their diagnosis is difficult and they are associated with high mortality rate. Urinary infection due to Trichosporon Asahi is rare but its incidenceis increasing. We report the case of a 58 year old diabetic patient. The yeast was isolated from urine samples of three consecutive crops in pure form. The patient improved after antifungal therapy.
Brief summary of the agreement
Anyone is free:
· to copy, distribute, and display the work;
· to make derivative works;
· to make commercial use of the work;
Under the following conditions: Attribution
· the original author must be given credit;
· for any reuse or distribution, it must be made clear to others what the license terms of this work are;
· any of these conditions can be waived if the authors gives permission.
Statutory fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above