Equity Journal of Science and Technology (EQUIJOST) is published by the Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero (KSUSTA) and supported by the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND). It is a high quality biannual, an open access, peer reviewed, online and print journal that is aimed at publishing researches that are relevant to scientific findings. EQUIJOST is set to publish vital information regarding scientific discoveries and inventions, collection and dissemination of solution to major scientific challenges as well as providing a forum for publication of new findings. The journal, EQUIJOST cut across subject areas like Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biological Sciences (Biology, Botany, Microbiology, Entomology, Parasitology, Zoology, etc), Medical Sciences, Biochemistry, Computer Science, Information Technology, Agricultural Sciences, Animal Science, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Crop Science, Forestry, Engineering and related fields.
The official language of the journal is English. The journal only considers original articles that have not been published or being considered in part or whole for publication elsewhere, either in the same or any other language. It is the policy of the journal to send an article to two reviewers with cognate expertise in the subject area, an article can either be accepted (in its current form, with minor or major corrections) or rejected. Either decision is based on the opinion of the reviewers and the editorial office. It is the exclusive right of the journal to make changes in an article accepted for publication in order to conform it to the requirement of the journal. Once an article has been accepted for publication, author(s) cedes the copyright to Equity Journal of Science and Technology (EQUIJOST).
Categories of Manuscripts
Presentation of original findings in scientific research, it involves full length presentation of research findings.
These involve the presentation of research findings that do not warrant full length publication, or of preliminary findings for rapid publication.
These focus on evaluating existing state of knowledge on a particular aspect in science and technology.
Components and Order of Manuscript
1) Title: Times New Roman, 14-point size, bold and not more than 15 words.
2) Abstract: A concise (between 200-250 words) abstract is required at the beginning of each article. Author(s) should summarize their conclusions and methods in the abstract. First person tense construction should not be used in the abstract, and references should be omitted because they are not available per se to abstracting services.
3) Keywords: Three to five keywords
4) Main body/Text: The text should be divided into sections, each with a separate heading and numbered consecutively. The section/subsection headings should be typed on a separate line e.g.
- Introduction: Subtitles/headings under introduction should carry the label; 1.1, 1.2, 1.3…, Tables should be labelled as Table 1.1, Table 1.2, while figures as Figure 1.1, 1.2, 1.3… etc.
- Materials and Methods: Subtitles/headings under this section should carry the label; 2.1, 2.2, 2.3… Tables should be labeled as Table 2.1, 2.2, 2.3…, while figures as Figure 2.1, 2.2, 2.3… etc.
- Results and Discussion: Subtitles/headings under this section should also carry the label; 3.1, 3.2, 3.3… and Tables labeled as Table 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 …, while figures as Figure 3.1, 3.2, 3.3… etc.
Note: Plant Names (Scientific and Local Names are required): Scientific names must be used for all plant species and are to be in italic font (e.g., Psidium guajava).
Conflict of interest (optional)
The Vancouver reference style should be used.
- Each piece of work cited in the text should have a unique number assigned to it in the order of citation.
- If a piece of work is cited more than once, the same citation number should be used. The number should be written in square brackets, e.g. “”.
- When several pieces of work are cited in the same sentence, the citation number for each piece of work needs to be included and a comma should be used to separate them, e.g. [1, 4, 6].
- A hyphen should be used to link numbers which are inclusive, e.g. if citing references 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7, the following format should be used: [1-4, 7].
- The name of the author can be included in the text, but the citation number must be used as well. Examples,
For single author: “as demonstrated by Usman , the new method has a number of advantages”
For more than one author: “as demonstrated by Adewale et al. , the new method has a number of advantages”
References should be arranged in numerical order.
Journal, books, conferences, etc. should be written in the following format:
Journal Paper: Usman AH, John MG, Uba KU. Water Quality Estimation. Equity Journal of Science and Technology. 2013;1(1):665–672.
Book: Skoog GM. The universe, 2nd ed. Ibadan: Fodulex press; 2003. 43 p.
Conference proceedings: Omoniyi V C, Manga AU. Kinetics of Removal of Ovalbumin from Wine Model Solution. In: Patrick K, Ahmad E, editors. 31st Chemical Society of Nigeria Conference and Exhibition; 2010 Sept 22–26; Lagos: Lagos; University of Lagos press; 2010. p. 75-80.
Internet material other than journal: James J, Parker R, Pisigan J, Thurman N. Estimating Pesticide Concentration in Drinking Water [internet]. New York: EPA; 2006 Jan [cited 2020 Jul 03]. 34 p. Available from http://www.epa.gov/sapoly/sap/meetings/2000/september/sepoo_sap_dw_0907.pdf
Manuscript Formatting Requirements
In order for a NEW submission to be forwarded from EQUIJOST secretariat to the chief editor and subsequently to reviewers, the submissions must meet the following formatting requirements before being cleared for peer review.
Paper length requirement
Length of no more than 16 pages (double-spaced, including the text or main body through appendices, including abstract, tables and figure captions and references. Expedited contributions over the length limit will be forwarded to the Chief Editor for final approval.
Note: Expedited contributions/authors may submit articles of lesser number of pages. Manuscript with pages less than 6 may be accepted and published as short communications. If your paper is over the limit of 16 pages, the author is required to request the Chief Editor’s approval via a cover letter uploaded with the manuscript presenting a justification for the length of the manuscript and requesting an exception.
Font type, line spacing, page numbering
Text must be set using Time New Roman, 12-point font, and double-spaced measured anywhere on the page, from the Abstract through Appendices). All pages must be numbered sequentially at the bottom center.
Figure and Table Formatting.
Figures (if any) should appear embedded within the manuscript body. They can as well appear at the end of the manuscript file, after the references, with figure title below the figure
Tables (if any) must also appear either within or at the end of the manuscript file, after references, and with title captions at the top of the table and keynote (if necessary) should be at the base of the table. Please, Tables should be kept to a minimum and be designedto be as simple as possible.
Note: All titles of Figures and Tables must carry the label of the section which they were embedded. E.g. Table 1.1, 3.2, Figure 2.1 etc.
Charges: A payment of five thousand-naira (₦5000.00) assessment and manuscript handling charge and upon acceptance of manuscript, authors are required to pay page charges of ten thousand Naira (₦10,000) or One hundred Dollars ($100) for international contributors. Payment should be made only to:
Account Name: EQUIJOST
Account No. 4001002729
Bank: ECOBANK PLC.,
or via Money transfer (For International Authors) to:
The Editor in Chief
Kebbi State University of Science and Technology
Kebbi State, Nigeria.
Submission of Manuscript
Please submit your manuscript online via the journal’s website: www.equijost.com. You will be guided through the process of entering your manuscript’s details and uploading files by the online submission system.
Copyright © 2021 Equity Journal of Science and Technology All Rights Reserved.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
print ISSN: 2354-1814