Aim and Scope
The Environmental Technology and Science Journal (ETSJ) is devoted to the publication of papers which advance
knowledge of practical and theoretical issues that daily plague our society. The aim of the journal is to provide an
avenue for the dissemination of academic research findings from various disciplines of the environment, engineering,
pure and applied sciences, arts and social science which have materials that emphasize on environmental issues.
ETSJ prohibits an author from submitting the same manuscript for concurrent consideration in two or more
publications. The author must ensure that when a manuscript is submitted to ETSJ, the manuscript must be an original
work. The Author should check the manuscript for any possible plagiarism using any program such as TURNITIN or
any other software before submitting the manuscripts to ETSJ. Authors are not permitted to add or remove any names
from the authorship provided at the time of initial submission without the consent of the Journal's Editor-in-Chief.
Guide for Authors
Please read the guidelines and follow the instructions carefully; doing so will ensure that the publication of your
manuscript is as rapid and efficient as possible. The Editorial Board reserves the right to return manuscripts without
review that are not prepared in accordance with these guidelines.
1. Manuscripts should not be more than 15 pages of A4 paper size (including abstracts, tables, figures,
references and appendices) typed in double spacing, times new roman and font size 12. Additional fee of two
thousand (N2000) Naira will be charged for every additional page in excess of 15 pages.
2. Each paper must be compiled in one column; all text should be left and right justified. The page settings to
be 25cm (1 inch) each for the top, bottom, left and right margins of an A4 paper. Decimal numbering of all
sections of the article is recommended (with the exception of the reference and acknowledgement sections).
3. To ensure anonymity in the peer reviewing process, articles must be structured in such a way that the title of
the paper, authors' names, address, and affiliation are written on the first page, followed by abstract and the
body of the paper in that order.
4. Each article should contain an abstract of not more than 300 words.
5. Each article should contain between 5 and 7 key words (avoid use of phrases).
6. Use the SI (Systeme Internationale) units and symbols, while Unusual Characters and symbols should be
explained in a list of nomenclatures.
7. The journal’s referencing style is the APA format.
8. Figures, Tables and Graphs are to be placed at the appropriate places in the paper and not at the end of the
9. Acknowledgement is optional, except for researches being funded through research grant awards.
10. Authors should avoid using headers, footers and special page breaks within the manuscripts.
11. The manuscript is to be sent via electronic means to: email@example.com for a blind peer review, which
under normal circumstance will not exceed 4 weeks, after which the status of the article will be communicated
to the Author(s).
12. Author(s) with positive review will be asked to effect corrections or revisions after which the camera-ready
manuscript is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and to be accompanied by evidence of payment of
13. The Editorial board is not responsible for the information or views expressed by the author(s).
14. The copyright of this journal belongs exclusively to the Editorial Board of Environmental Technology and
Science Journal. No part of the publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in
any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without prior
permission of the School of Environmental Technology, Federal University of Technology, Minna-Nigeria
or a licence permitting restricted copying.
Frequency of Publication
The journal is published twice a year in June and December
© Environmental Science and Technology Journal
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
print ISSN: 2006-0459