Login to access subscriber-only resources.
Author GuidelinesSudanese Journal of Dermatology follows the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts submitted to Biomedical Journals as approved by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors as updated in October 2001.Sudanese Journal of Dermatology accepts papers in dermatology and related subjects. While submitting manuscripts, please carefully follow the instructions given below:
1. Always submit two copies of the article and two sets of photographs, illustration or diagrams. Electronic version is preferred, either in a diskette
or by E-mail attached file which is more convenient to us.
2. Manuscript should be typed in double space on one side of the A4 size paper with clear margins on both sides. Tables as well as illustrations should be typed and drawn on a separate paper. Do not submit tables as
photographs. Make sure that each table is cited in the text. Avoid too many tables. Identify statistical measures such as standard deviation, standard error of the mean and data statistical significance, if possible.
3. Manuscripts to Sudanese Journal of Dermatology should not be under
simultaneous consideration by another journal, and should not be published previously or submitted elsewhere for publication.
4. Manuscripts must be accompanied by a covering letter signed by the author and all co-authors.
5. The journal will accept:
Review Articles, Original Articles, Case Reports, Brief and Especial Communications and Letters to the Editor.
6. The manuscripts for Original Articles should contain the following
(a) Title Page The complete title of the article and a short running title, the name of all the authors with their highest qualifications, the department or institution to which they are attached, address for correspondence with telephone numbers, e-mail, Fax number.
(b) Abstract All original articles must accompany a structured abstract up to 200 words. It should state short Background, Objective of the study, Methodology, Results & Conclusion.
(c) Key Words Below the abstract give few key words not more than five that will assist indexers in cross indexing the article as they are Sudan J Dermatol 2010;Vol. 8 (2) published with abstract. Sudanese Journal of Dermatology is not indexed yet, but we are processing for that.
(e) Introduction This should summarize the purpose and the rationale
for the study. It should neither review the subject extensively nor have data or conclusions of the study.
(f) Material (Subjects, Patients) & Methods This should include exact method or observation or experiment. If an apparatus is used, it’s manufacturer’s name and address should be given. If the method is
known and established, give reference but if a new method is used, give enough information so that another author is able to perform it. If a drug is used, its generic name, dose and route of administration must be given. For patients, age, sex with mean age ± standard deviation must be given. Statistical method must be mentioned and specify any computer program used.
(g) Results It must be presented in the form of text, tables and illustrations. The contents of the tables should not be all repeated in the text. Instead, a reference to the table number may be given.
(h) Discussion This should emphasize the present findings and the variations or similarities with other work done in the field by other workers. The detailed data should not be repeated in the discussion again. It must be mentioned whether the hypothesis mentioned in the article is true, false or no conclusions can be derived.
(i) Acknowledgement If desired, it should be included after the discussion and before references.
(j) References All manuscripts should be accompanied by relevant references and they should be typed on separate sheet. The Reference should be used following the Vancouver style.
7. Summary All review articles and case reports should be preceded by a summary.
8. Sudanese Journal of Dermatology is a peer reviewed journal. All articles on receipt for publication are immediately acknowledged, but this does not mean that it has been accepted for publication. The manuscript is sent to at least two Reviewers. We practice Standard (Anonymous) Peer Review system. Approval or rejection of the article depends on the peer reviewers’
comment. No article is rejected unless similar comments are received from two reviewers.
9. Submission of Manuscripts The authors must send two printed copies of
the manuscript along with a floppy Diskette or by E-mail containing the
manuscript in duplicate.
Copyright NoticeSud J Dermatol owns the copyright to the journal content
Privacy StatementThe names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.