Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Please follow these guidelines closely when preparing your paper for submission.
- All contributions must be submitted in English, typed double-spaced for A4 page size in electronic format
- Articles should not exceed 10,000 words in length double -spaced (including end notes and references), and should include an abstract of up to 300 words in both English and French.
- The first page of an article for the CJAS should contain the title but not the author’s name. The article should have a separate page with the title and abstract. The article should also have a separate page with author details including the title and the author’s name with full contact information including mailing address, phone numbers and email address.
- For review purposes, both the abstract and paper submissions have to be completely anonymised (that is, without author name, affiliation or any other identifying information). Please ensure all identifying information is removed from your documents' properties by going to: File -->Check for Issues -->Inspect Document -->Document Properties and Personal Information. Once you run the inspection, click "Remove all" personal information. A related 30 second video on the process may be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5fS3Mpu6I
- Submissions should use APA style, including a complete list of references. Footnotes may be used where necessary to provide further edification.
- Illustrative quotations less than two lines long should be within double quotation marks (“…”) and not separated from the text. Longer quotations may be set out and indented on both sides, without quotation marks. The source reference should come immediately after the quotation or in the sentence immediately before it.
- Figures and diagrams should be drawn in black ink on white background and require little or no reduction in size. Illustrations should also be submitted electronically. Colour can only be used in exceptional circumstances.
- Words or short passages in languages other than English may be included, but if you use a non-standard font with your word processor a copy of the font should also be included in your electronic submission. Doulos SIL is preferred for African language material. Words in any language other than English should be italicised.
- Only articles and papers that have not been published elsewhere or that are not currently under consideration for publication in another journal or book will be accepted.
- CJAS checks for plagiarism. Any submission found to have been plagiarized, including self-plagiarism, either in whole or in part, will be rejected.
- Avoid or minimize self-citation. Where it is necessary to cite your own work, delete your name and other identifying information and place substitute words in brackets (eg. author, name deleted). Do not include the reference in the reference list, but remember to include it before submitting your final draft if the paper is accepted.
© Institute of African Studies, University of Ghana, 2013
The journal content is licensed under a Creative Commons License Attribution – Non-Commercial, No-Derivates CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.
Privacy StatementThe names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
print ISSN: 2343-6530