The Editorial Committee of the Journal of Sustainable Development Law and Policy (JSDLP), Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti invites submission of articles for publication in the JSDLP. We welcome submissions that focus on any aspect of sustainable development law and policy ranging from the economic, social and environmental dimensions. Consequently, papers that explore broad themes of sustainable development such as agriculture, banking, e-commerce, environment, natural resources, public private partnerships, alternative dispute resolutions, human rights, peace, and conflict studies would be most welcome. We also welcome book reviews, case comments and public lectures.
The JSDLP aims to foster the rapid dissemination of preliminary research results and other work in progress by teaching and research scholars. It is published in June (Spring) and October (Fall) by the Afe Babalola University Press, Nigeria. Selected articles would be published in hard copy and also prominently displayed on the institutional website as a resource for scholars and practitioners worldwide.
Papers must be based on original research, conform to the usual standard of academic publishing, be fully referenced and presented in the standard format employed by the series. Papers will be evaluated based on their contemporary relevance, contribution to their selected fields of research, structure and analytical vigour. Please refer to the submission guide below.
Length and Footnotes
1) Articles should be between 5000-8000 words and should advance legal scholarship and knowledge in a specific area of sustainable development law and policy.
2) Articles should include an abstract of approximately 250 words that is not an extract from the article itself.
3) Details of the author should be supplied as the first footnote, attached by an asterisk to the author’s name.
Form of Submission
4) Articles must be submitted in Word format and sent as an email attachment to email@example.com
5) Contributions will only be considered for publication if they comply with the style guide. All citations should be as footnotes and accord with the Oxford Guide for Legal Citation. A copy can be found at <http://www.law.ox.ac.uk/published/OSCOLA_4th_edn.pdf.>
6) In terms of punctuation, where a quotation is made directly within the author’s own sentences, only punctuation forming apart of it should fall within the quotation marks. For example, the author’s text is “followed by a relevant quotation”. All footnotes should follow the final punctuation mark of the sentence except where that mark is a colon or semi-colon.
7) Authors should please make use of the following checklist prior to submission:
• an abstract is included;
• headings are consecutively numbered without automatic numbering;
• headings are not underlined;
• paragraphs are not separated by a full blank line, but only by an indent at the beginning of the new paragraph;
• footnotes are consecutively numbered by way of automatic numbering;
• footnotes are not separated by a full blank line;
• footnotes appear at the end of each page of the manuscript and not at the end of the manuscript;
• quotations have been checked for accuracy; and
• references comply with the style requirements
We review articles on a rolling basis, for publication in any of our two editions published in a year. Authors should take note for the following deadlines:
Spring Edition: Only articles submitted on or before 12 noon on 31st March would be considered for publication in the spring edition.
Fall Edition: Only articles submitted on or before 12 noon on 31st August would be considered for publication in the Fall edition.
Deadlines are firm, articles submitted after the deadline may not be published. All papers should be submitted by email.
9) Contributions are submitted to at least two referees and the identities of the contributors and referees are kept confidential.
10) Further details about the Journal can be found at :
Questions and Enquiries
All enquiries or questions should be directed to:
Journal of Sustainable Development Law and Policy
Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti, Nigeria
Copyright NoticeThe copyright belongs to the Institute for Oil, Gas, Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development (OGEES), Afe Babalola University, Nigeria
Privacy StatementThe names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
print ISSN: 2467-8406