About the Journal
The Nigerian Journal of Technology (NIJOTECH) is published by University of Nigeria Press Ltd, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. The journal has been publishing technical papers since 1975.
NIJOTECH adopts a constructive review model. All manuscripts submitted to NIJOTECH are first screened for conformity to the authors' guide before further processing, otherwise it is returned to the corresponding author for proper formatting and adjustment. If a manuscript is found to conform to the authors' guide, it is then subjected to plagiarism check before being assigned to reviewers. The Editorial Team considers the opinions of the reviewers as a critical factor in deciding whether an article will be accepted or not. Editors will accept a manuscript subject to corrections recommended by reviewers if two out of three positive reviews are received or if only two positive reviews are received. However, a paper may not be accepted if one reviewer expresses a very strong but valid reservation, even if the other two favour the publication of the manuscript. After peer review, a paper is either or provisionally accepted. Reviewers' comments are sent to the corresponding author to enable authors revise their manuscript as suggested by the reviewers. A manuscript could be rejected if the authors do not provide satisfactory responses/rebuttals to reviewers' comments.
NIJOTECH uses a double-blind review system in which the author and reviewer do not know each other. This ensures that there is no conflict of interest, high confidentiality and objectivity in reviewing of articles for qualitative publications. Review takes approximately 3 months from date of receipt of paper.
- Reviewers must avoid conflict of interest. A reviewer should not review a manuscript. which they took part in even if they are not listed as authors.
- Reviewers must not distribute the manuscript under review.
- Reviewers must not copy or plagiarise manuscripts sent to them for review.
- Reviewers must not contact any of the authors of the manuscript under review.
- They must not make attempt to ascertain the identity of any of the authors.
- Reviewers should not submit blank or scanty reviews.
Open Access Policy
NIJOTECH is a fully open access Journal that provides immediate and unrestricted to all its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. Anyone is free to read, download, print and share all articles published by NIJOTECH. Articles are published under the terms of a Creative Commons license which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Four Issues are published quarterly as stated below:
Issue 1 - March
Issue 2 - June
Issue 3 - September
Issue 4 - December
ALL ARTICLES ON NIJOTECH WEBSITE ARE COPYRIGHT MATERIALS.
We adopt the Creative Commons Licence (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) as described below:
- Articles may be read, printed or downloaded.
- Articles may be redistributed, republished in whole without omittting any detail (not in part) e.g. in a display or repository
- Articles may be translated for private use only and not for distribution. Any translations, for which a prior translation agreement with NIJOTECH has not been established, must prominently display the statement: "This is an unofficial translation of an article that appeared in a NIJOTECH publication. NIJOTECH has not endorsed this translation."
- Article may be downlaoded for text and data minig purposes so long as the use is non-commercial.
- Portions or extract from the article may be used in other works so long as proper citations including article authors, article title, volume, issue, page number and DOIs are well cited in the references.
- Articles may not be resold for commercial purposes.
NIJOTECH Archiving Policy
NIJOTECH supports the LOCKSS (Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe) system to ensure a secure and permanent archive for journal content.
Please see NIJOTECHs other policies on our website; https://www.nijotech.com/downloads/NIJOTECH%20Policies.pdf